WordPress 3.6 has just been released to the world. Nicknamed “Oscar” in honor of the great jazz pianist Oscar Peterson, it includes a beautiful new blog-centric theme, bullet-proof autosave and post locking, a revamped revision browser, native support for audio and video embeds, and improved integrations with Spotify and Rdio.Some of the new font-end features include;
- A new theme inspired by modern art, Twenty Thirteen puts focus on your content with a colorful, single-column design.
- Revamped Revisions save every change and the new improved interface allows you to scroll easily through changes to see line-by-line who changed what and when.
- For those blogs that have multiple authors, there's better support for Post Locking and autosaves.
- Native audio and video embeds with a built-in HTML5 media player.
- A new improved Menu Editor is now much easier to understand and use.
Under the hood, there's plenty of goodness for developers as well;
- There's a new audio/video API to give you access to metadata like ID3 tags.
- You can now choose HTML5 markup for things like comment and search forms, and comment lists.
- Better filters for revisions, so you can store a different amount of history for different post types.
- Plus, you'll find plenty more listed on the Codex, and of course you can always browse the over 700 closed tickets.
Last, but definitely not least, is the Easy WP Guide WordPress manual. It’s not quite ready to release just yet, but a brand new version is currently being worked on and will be available to download very shortly.
In the meantime, go and checkout the WordPress blog for more information on WordPress 3.6, Download the update or click that Update button in your Dashboard (but remember, don’t forget to make a backup first).