With each new version of WordPress comes an updated version of my easy to follow WordPress manual, the Easy WP Guide. With the release of WordPress 3.6, I’ve completely rewritten several chapters along with updating of images to reflect any User Interface changes.
There's some great new features in WordPress 3.6. Including improved autosaving and post locking, new embed codes for Spotify and Rdio as well as native support for audio and video embeds. Some of the new font-end features include;
- A new theme inspired by modern art, Twenty Thirteen puts focus on your content with a colorful, single-column design.
- Revamped Revisions save every change and the new improved interface allows you to scroll easily through changes to see line-by-line who changed what and when.
- For those blogs that have multiple authors, there’s better support for Post Locking and autosaves.
- Native audio and video embeds with a built-in HTML5 media player.
- A new improved Menu Editor is now much easier to understand and use.
This updated guide includes a new chapter explaining the improved Post & Page Revisions. Post/Page revisions are a great way of reviewing the changes you've made to your page content. The Easy WP Guide has also been updated to show the new user interface when adding or updating your menus.
I hope you find this updated WordPress Manual useful and as usual, you can download the PDF or Word document versions or read it online. The ePub & Mobipocket versions in the Apple iBookstore, B&N Nook Books Store and the Amazon Kindle store have also been updated, but it may take a few days for those to appear. I’ll update the links to the new versions as they become available.