Links can be added here, for displaying on your site. They’re usually displayed using Widgets. Links may be separated into Categories; these are different from the Categories used on your Posts. How links display on your website will be dependent on the WordPress theme in use.
When you click on the Links menu option you’ll be displayed a list of the existing website links.
Along with the Link name, by default, you’ll also see the URL, Link Category, Relationship, Visibility and Rating.
- Name – The name of the Link
- URL – The destination URL (Web Address) of the Link
- Categories– All Links must belong to at least one Category. The Categories that are assigned to each link are shown here
- Relationship – This column displays all of the XFN relationships for this Link.
- Visible – Whether or not the Link is visible on your site
- Rating – The rating, from 0 to 9, for this link, where 0 implies that the link is unrated. What the rating system actually defines on your site is up to you to decide
When hovering your cursor over each row, two links will appear beneath the link name.
- Edit – Allows you to edit the Link properties such as Name, Web Address, Description etc.
- Delete – Deletes the Link permanently from the list of links